Become a safer diver by learning about Delayed Surface Marker Buoy (DSMB) types, when to use and how to use them. Mandatory use of DSMBs required in many countries and regions, but most importantly, it is a critical tool when diving in heavy boat traffic or currents. DSMBs also serve as a reference point during ascends and facilitate safety stops. Learn how to:
- Prepare and stow your DSMB and reel.
- Deploy the DSMB from a stationary position and from mid-water.
- Swim while towing a DSMB and managing the reel and line.
- Make a safety stop using the DSMB line.
Get credit! The first dive of this Specialty Course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification - ask your instructor about earning credit.
To enroll in this course:
- Student must be 16 years old
- Be PADI Open Water Diver Certified
There will be total of two open water dives conducted in one evening at Humber Bay Park in Toronto, Ontario (please see map below). Humber Bay Park has a scuba park and submerged artifacts are very cool! We will put together dive schedule logistics considering weather and participants' schedule, but usually we do these dives on Tuesday, Wednesdays or Thursdays. This course qualifies as one of the specialties towards your Master Scuba Diver accreditation. There is no eLearning in this course. Academic part of the course will be conducted by Instructor. Please check our Event Calendar for next scheduled DSMB Diver course
Included in the course's price:
- Two instructional Open Water Dives
- Certification card
- Tanks with Air
- DSMB for course usage
NOT included in the course's price:
- Regulator Set (First Stage, Second Stage, Second Stage Alternate, SPG with depth read out)
- Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Weights
Please consider purchasing accessories via Divegadgets.ca